An advanced One Piece writing RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Week ~8] [P] Morrigan Rassallion [Chap. 4] & Splice Willow [Chap. 3] <Collaboration: Of Enemies and Allies>

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[Week ~8] [P] Morrigan Rassallion [Chap. 4] & Splice Willow [Chap. 3] <Collaboration: Of Enemies and Allies> Empty [Week ~8] [P] Morrigan Rassallion [Chap. 4] & Splice Willow [Chap. 3] <Collaboration: Of Enemies and Allies>

Post  Leviathan Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:48 am

<Collaboration: Of Enemies and Allies>
Participants: Leviathan & CapnWillow

By the time they had put enough distance between themselves and the sadistic Marine Captain that would surely follow, the sun was high in the sky. With the help from some particularly agreeable winds, the Alpha Morina was well on it's way to a small port island after a few days at sea. Having encountered little trouble in terms of manning the ship, Yonyon had taken to caring for their comatose 'guest', and Morrigan had spent most of his time sat atop the the figurehead-less prow of the ship, the powerful breeze blasting against him. It was as soothing as it was unnerving for the Captain; having eaten the Moku Moku no Mi, any breeze strong enough to be classed as wind made him feel very uncomfortable and nervous. As it were, Morrigan was also something of a masochist and purposefully put himself in such a position, his reasoning behind the motion being that he must learn to understand and tolerate that which made him ill at ease; Grand Line would be exceedingly more difficult if he couldn't even bare with the ever-changing weather patterns.

So, with those thoughts in mind, he sat atop the sharp, lengthy prongs that jutted out straight ahead of the ship and dropped into silent meditation, the wind whistling noisily in his ears and soothing his now properly-healing whip scars. Their destination was unknown for the most part; Yonyon knew no more than the islands nature when he had pointed it out on Morrigan's map, but that had been enough for his Captain, who was jumpy and irritable at not being able to rest and relax properly for over two months.

Neither had dedicated much time to exploring Jaxxon's ship; Yonyon was far too busy watching over their captured Marine and Morrigan felt too out of it to do much else than remain almost perfectly still and endure his own discomforts. The ship wasn't particularly large. In actual fact, it was incredibly small for a flagship, almost like the Penitent Tangent, his mother's flagship, had been and as Morrigan cracked open a bloodshot eye to stare at the tiny island in the distance, he idly wondered whether Jaxxon had taken the idea from the woman in question. What they had explored of the ship revealed more about Jaxxon than they had hoped.

Most of the lower decks lacked plank flooring, and instead one was forced to walk upon rusty latticed grating, much like they did on the sunken Delta Morina. There were many holding cells, though these were bigger than the ones Yonyon had seen on-board Marko's fourth ship and were thankfully empty. As Morrigan stood glaring at the poor conditions within, he resolved to have them fixed up and to make them into his crew's quarters.

Jaxxon's personal quarters were locked, barring the young Captain entry to what would undoubtedly become his own quarters. Yonyon, having failed to find any of the crew's quarters satisfactory to his tastes, had taken to sleeping in the medical bay, arguing that the strong, saline smell of disinfectant was more familiar than the scent of blood and rust. Morrigan hadn't argued too much. A combination of exhaustion and private agreement had swayed him to sleep on deck, under the stars as they sailed, such were the poor conditions below.

But, what had really grabbed Morrigan's attention more than anything else was the presence of three oddly-patterned fruits that had been locked away in the hold. Recognising them for what they were, Morrigan had hidden them away just in case they were attacked on the way to the small, nondescript island they were rapidly sailing towards.

[WC this post: 607] [My total WC: 607] [Total Collab WC: 607]

Last edited by Leviathan on Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Leviathan
Leviathan
The Adminismoker
The Adminismoker

User Title: : The Enabler

http://sailtheseas.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

[Week ~8] [P] Morrigan Rassallion [Chap. 4] & Splice Willow [Chap. 3] <Collaboration: Of Enemies and Allies> Empty Re: [Week ~8] [P] Morrigan Rassallion [Chap. 4] & Splice Willow [Chap. 3] <Collaboration: Of Enemies and Allies>

Post  CapnWillow Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:10 am

“Willow! Hey, Willow! Stir yourself lad, the Cap’n wants a word!”

Peering down from the crow’s nest, Willow saw the huge silhouette of Galeo the fishman standing on the deck of the ship. Galeo waved his huge hand, gesturing Willow to come down.

Grumbling to himself, Willow stood and stretched with a groan, taking one last chance to take in the glorious vista of ocean twinkling in the sunlight in front of him. Vaulting over the lip of the crows nest, Willow grabbed a line and swung onto the rigging in place to allow a swift ascent and descent to and from the lookout post. Hand over hand he went, swift and sure, his movements smooth and well practised. This ease on the ropes had not come easily; he’d spent hours just going up and down the rigging during his early days of sailing. He’d taken to it very quickly, and had swiftly become just as surefooted clambering all over and above the ship, loosing and tying sail, securing and releasing lines, as any of the hardened veterans on Pelew’s crew. There had even been an incident when a rope Willow and another sailor had been climbing had come loose of its fastening and had swung freely in a strong wind. The sailor had been thrown off into the turbulent sea, while Willow, by far the junior, had clambered up the twisting rope to relative safety. The unlucky sailor had been rescued by Galeo the fishman, who had no real trouble swimming in the rough seas. Willows success had done much to endear him to the crew, who respected his abilities despite his junior status.

Reaching the deck, Willow landed lightly on his bare feet. Making his way across the deck, Willow greeted each sailor he passed with a nod. They returned it, a few touching their hands to their forelocks in respect for the newly promoted officer. Passing Galeo, he gave the fishman a friendly punch to the arm. The fishman responded with a hearty pat on the back, which knocked the air out of Willows lungs. Galeo, chuckling, left Willow trying to get his breath back and went about his duties. Willow could hear the mighty roar of Galeo’s voice barking various orders as he went through the door into the aftcastle. Once inside the ship, Willow straightened up and fussed over his shirt, trying to look a bit more presentable in front of the notoriously neat Pelew. Reaching into his pocket, he pulled out a small loop of cloth and, with it, tied his dreadlocks together behind his head. They were getting quite long now, and Willow didn’t want to cause any offence by having untidy hair in front of his captain.

Reaching the doors of the Captain’s cabin, Willow took a breath and knocked politely.

“Come.”

Opening the door, and closing it quietly behind him, Willow entered the room and stood to attention in front of the table in the centre of the room. Captain Pelew was sat in his huge chair behind it. Various papers were scattered across the table, lists of supplies and weapons, charts, maps, various other bits and pieces. Pelew, in contrast to his desk, was immaculate. Not a cuff out of place, not a crease on his clothes.

“Ah Willow, good man. I’ve a word to say to you with regards to your recent promotion. We’ve been at sea a while now, and I for one could do with a bit of rest and recuperation. I doubt the crew would object either, and our recent escapade gives me a very good reason to head for a friendly port. We can pick up some supplies and give the crew a few days to enjoy themselves.”
Standing, the Captain came round the table and stood facing Willow, clasping his hands behind his back with a small smile on his face.

“I rather think you’ll have the bulk of your drinks paid for you this time Willow. The men like you. They trust you. The attitude of his peers is always a good indication of man’s character. So what say you sir, prepared for a few days of excess and debauchary?”

Willow, grinning, tugged his forelock.

“Aye aye sir!”

[WC this post: 705] [My total WC: 705] [Total Collab WC: 1312]
CapnWillow
CapnWillow

Back to top Go down

[Week ~8] [P] Morrigan Rassallion [Chap. 4] & Splice Willow [Chap. 3] <Collaboration: Of Enemies and Allies> Empty Re: [Week ~8] [P] Morrigan Rassallion [Chap. 4] & Splice Willow [Chap. 3] <Collaboration: Of Enemies and Allies>

Post  Leviathan Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:27 am

Finally, the Okama emerged from the medical bay, his hands clasped behind his back as he sauntered across the deck, ignoring the discoloured patches of red that stained the planks. He got as far as the main mast before Morrigan span around where he sat, his expression unusually serious.

''I've sworn myself to piracy. To my flag. We may not be flying it yet, but soon we will. I am a pirate. I've accepted that. You, however...'' Morrigan said, his voice louder than the noisy wind which battered against him, ''...have not, my good friend. You've yet to have a bounty put upon your head, you're free to go as you wish, where you wish without pursuit.''

''What has gotten into you?'' Yonyon smirked, leaning against the main mast. ''You're being rather... formal.''

Morrigan made no indication that he had heard, and continued on. ''Make your decision. Swear fealty to my flag and become a pirate on board the Alpha Morina, as my First Mate and my doctor. Or-'' Morrigan said, his voice taking on a distinctly harder edge, ''I'll drop you off as soon as we're due to leave dock and I'll be on my way.''

''Oh?'' Yonyon said, pushing off from the mast and walking forwards, no longer grinning. ''You're actually giving me a choice? How noble of you, Captain. And how would you have me swear to your flag, if I do choose to do such a thing? I doubt it's as simple as uttering a few words.''

''You doubt correctly. The method is quite simple, really.'' Morrigan replied, digging around in his pocket and producing a small, rectangular box. He flipped the lid open, taking a few moments to eye its contents with a small grin, before it vanished from his face and he produced a long needle from within. ''Some Captains tattoo their crew with their flag, others cut into their flesh, scarification if you will. I even had the pleasure of meeting a pirate Captain who removed the little finger of his crew's left hands. Not a pleasant business, that.'' Yonyon gave him a hard, unblinking stare, but otherwise remained quiet.

''Oh yes, my method is very simple by comparison. Every member of my crew will have a piercing, and for every crew member, I shall have the same piercing done. Why, you may be asking yourself... that too is very simple. It represents loyalty between a Captain and his crew on a one to one basis. Should that loyalty be marred by corruption or dishonour, the piercing will be torn out, be it belonging to a cabin-boy or myself. Decidedly less permanent than a tattoo, yet more personal than a pendant or uniform emblem. Easier to hide too, should the wearer want or need to. The only catch? They must pierce themselves.'' he finished, holding up the needle to the light.

Yonyon's eye twitched. ''I doubt that needle is sterile. You're... serious about all this, aren't you?''

''Deadly serious. It was a policy put in place aboard all ships sailing under the 'Demon Blade Pirate's flag all those years ago. As I said, the choice is yours, though don't let a little pain sway your decision, eh?'' Morrigan said, turning back around where he sat. He waved the needle over his shoulder, motioning for the Okama to take it from him, which he promptly did though with blatant reluctance. ''I don't expect you to decide straight away. We're due to dock in a few minutes; I'm going aground for a much needed drink. I've proved myself as Captain of this ship. You know my strength, and what I'm capable of. If you're not here by the time I return, I won't come looking for you. If you're still here... you can tell me your decision, whatever it may be.''

Yonyon nodded, though it was more to himself than to the strange man who sat atop the prow. He left the man in peace and retreated back into the ship, the long needle grasped in his fist heavier than anything he had ever had to carry in his life. As he closed the door to his 'room', he felt the ship slow and finally halt under his feet; Morrigan had collapsed the sails, lowered the anchor and docked at... wherever they were.

[WC this post: 718] [My total WC: 1325] [Total Collab WC: 2030]
Leviathan
Leviathan
The Adminismoker
The Adminismoker

Back to top Go down

Post  CapnWillow Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:15 am

“What’s this place called mate?” Willow asked Galeo.

“Turnwise Isle. Pretty popular stopping point for pirates, not a big marine prescence here. There are usually far too many of us around for them to dare making a raid with anything less than an Admiral backing them up. And the Admirals are far too busy chasing the huge bounties to worry about a backwater water hole like this place.”

The two crewmates were walking along the main street of Turnwise Town, the main settlement on the island. It was a crude place, cobbled streets, wooden buildings and lots of drunken sailors. Willow spotted a few from his own crew, arm in arm with other pirates singing bawdy drinking songs. There were others from the Scarlet Chance he spotted along the street, some looking for a new blade from one of the blacksmiths, some repairing their clothes at one of the tailors, and more than a few standing in an increasingly rowdy crowd in an alley. As they passed said alley, Willow saw a couple of dice on the groud and a pair of men trading blows and insults in frond of the jeering sailors. Evidently a gambling gone wrong. Willow chuckled and turned his head. Reaching up and clapping Galeo on the back, he pointed at what looked like the most popular tavern in the joint, a multistory building at the end of the street, on one of the corners formed by another street intersecting the one they were currently walking down.

“Fancy a drink mate?”

There were many little groups of people scattered around the wide open doors, laughing to themselves and enjoying the cool night air. The taverns innards were spilling light onto the cobbles outside, and the sound of music and merrymaking issued forth out into the dim evening light as they approached. As they did, Galeo noticed the tavern sign swinging above them.

“The Rusty Nail? Why on earth did they call it that?”

Willow shrugged.

“No idea mate. Maybe the beer tastes like licking one?”

Walking through the door, Galeo’s face met with quite a considerable amount of beer flying through the air. Willow burst out into racous laughter, as the unfortunate who’d just tripped and spilt one of the beers he was carrying all over the massive fishman qualied in his shoes. Without changing his expression, Galeo gently removed the other beer from the man’s unresisting fingers. Opening his mouth to display his rows of wickedly sharp shark teeth, he stuck his toungue out and delicately tasted the beer. Looking up and smacking his lips thoughfully, Galeo poured the rest of the beer over the mans head. Turning to Willow, who was now almost paralysed with laughter, he remarked; “It tastes quite nice actually.” Turning back to the shocked and sodden gentleman, Galeo asked with a smile; “Fancy another round? I’ll get this one if you get the next.”

The man stared for a moment, then burst into laughter.

“Of course mate! Welcome to the Rusty Nail!” He stook his hand out for Galeo to shake.
“The name’s Hark! And can I just say it’s nice to meet a fella with a sense of humour for once.”

Taking Hark’s hand in his huge one, Galeo grinned and shook it.

“Galeo’s the name, and this thin streak of nothing here is Willow. We’re here on a bit of r&r.”

Willow grinned at Hark, and shook his hand. Hark was a tall man, still young but with a sense of approaching maturity to him. He looked to be in his late twenties. He was wearing a thin dark t-shirt and ripped dark jeans. He had at least 3 rings on each hand, with several bangles round each wrist. They jingled lightly whenever he moved. He had a bandanna wrapped round his head, and a pair of glasses perched on his nose.

“Aaah, Turnwise Isle is the place to have it mate. Good beer, pretty women and nice weather occasionally. Almost no Marine presence too, they’ve not bothered with us here in at least 4 years now.”

“You sound pretty knowledgable about this place matey.”

“Aye lad, I’ve been here for about 18 years now. Washed up in some wreckage as a boy of about 10. Got this somehow during the wreck-“ Hark lifted his bandana and showed them a deep looking scar “-which is probably why I have no idea who I was or where I came from. The folks here looked after me, took turns keeping me in their houses. I made myself as useful as I could, picked up a few skill shere and there. I could pay my own way after about 2 years, and I’ve lived here as a valued member of the community ever since.”

“So would you know why they call this place the Rusty Nail? Seems an odd name for a tavern.”

Hark chuckled ominously.

“Oh aye lad, I know why they call it that. You see that there?” He pointed to one of the pillars in the room. A large, reddish, rusted nail protruded out of the wood just above head height. The wood around the nail was darker than the surrounding planks, and the customers were noticeably keeping their distance from it.

“That’s where this place gets it’s name. If you don’t pay your bar tab off within a week, and in full, Herman over there-“ Hark pointed to the huge and dangerous looking barman “- takes your hand and bam!-” Hark slapped a table in emphasis “-gives you a little warning.”

Willow looked a the suddenly wickedly sharp looking nail and shuddered.

“That’s a little warning?”

“Oh yes lad, you don’t even want to know what he does to people who still don’t pay up after that...”

[WC this post: 960] [My total WC: 1665] [Total Collab WC: 2990]
CapnWillow
CapnWillow

Back to top Go down

Post  Leviathan Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:47 pm

As the Alpha Morina came to a steady halt, Morrigan threw his hooded cloak over his shoulders and eyed the sail emblazoned with the Marine's symbol above him with a frown. Some towns were more pirate-friendly than others; taking this into consideration, he lifted a can full of red paint to his shoulder, then began to climb up a rope next to the mainmast. About half-way up, he dipped his free hand into the paint, then swung straight to the other side, his painted hand outstretched to the sail. As he moved, he left a giant red streak straight across the Marine's symbol, effectively announcing to all that it was no longer commandeered by men sworn to them. It was enough, for now.

With a sigh, he slid back down to the deck and removed two of the Devil Fruits from where he had hidden them, as well as a reasonably sized, recently-filled coin-purse. Stuffing each into the inside pockets of his cloak, he then disembarked and washed his hands in the water, eyeing the sign which hung far above him.

''Turnwise Isle, huh...'' Morrigan said, grinning to himself and standing up. ''I guess we were lucky, I hear not many Marines make port here. Or, at least they didn't seventeen years ago...''

He shrugged as he entered through the town gates, knowing that Yonyon would be able to handle the ship should any Marines choose to try take it back. If Turnwise Isle was in the same state as all those years ago, he very much doubted the small quantity of Marines that did visit would be so stupid as to cause chaos at a dock where there were more pirate ships than any other type. The idea of loosing the Alpha Morina made his blood run cold, even if said idea was distant and improbable.

He bought a sizeable bag of lollipops and an equally large bag of mints from one of the stalls he passed, paying mind not to draw too much attention to himself as he did so. It became obvious the moment he had stepped out onto the rough, worn main street of the town that Turnwise Isle hadn't changed at all. The bustle of the crowd was distinctly pirate in nature; loud drunken shouts, laughter and the occasional gunshot making up the vast majority of all he heard. He shook his head knowingly; this was a dangerous town to all who came unaccompanied and unprepared. It would be a grave mistake on his part to show his face too much, considering the fact that he was a pirate Captain himself and his crew was only just beginning to expand and officially become as such.

Still, those that wished to be unnoticed remained unnoticed; people who kept to themselves were more respected than those who needlessly brought attention to themselves. The fact that he was carrying two Devil Fruits alone was enough to warrant a slit throat in this place.

With a happy, contented sigh, the young pirate Captain stuck a strawberry lollipop into his mouth and eyed the buildings around him with interest. He felt perfectly at home, and for the first time in weeks, the weight of responsibility was lifted from his shoulders and he allowed himself the promise of fun as a particularly beaten-looking tavern came into view.

''The Rusty Nail, eh...'' he muttered, squinting through the evening moonlight at the battered signpost which swayed lightly in the breeze. ''Better than nothing, I guess.''

Taking care to cross the street without running into any drunkards that seemed to vacate his destination in a steady stream, he entered the Rusty Nail, following a particularly large fishman and a long-haired male that couldn't have been much older than himself yet was already taller. Moving around the pair as they came to a sudden halt, Morrigan made his way to the bar, stepping over a drunken cabin-boy in the process.

''Oi, Barkeep. I'll have three shots of whiskey, and start me a tab up will ya.'' he said, grinning around his lollipop. Though he couldn't hear much through the rabble, behind him, the pair of pirates had started a conversation with a third, a man who introduced himself as Hark. The two then were introduced as Galeo and Willow. Morrigan stored the information away for later, should he need it, his grin only widening as the barkeeper slid his drinks towards him with an air of practised ease.

''You sure a kid like you can afford a tab?'' he said, scowling.

''Aye, i'll pay for my next five drinks in advance, if you would prefer?'' Morrigan replied, downing his first shot. It had been far too long since his last drink, and the liquid scorched his throat as it went down, yet he paid it no mind in favour of glancing around the room.

''Nah, don't worry about proving shit here, laddy. I'm sure you heard those folks talking about why this place is called the Rusty Nail, ey?''

''That I did, that I did.'' Morrigan said, rubbing the back of his neck through his hood. ''Warning duly noted.''

[WC this post: 854] [My total WC: 2179] [Total Collab WC: 3844]

Last edited by Leviathan on Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Leviathan
Leviathan
The Adminismoker
The Adminismoker

Back to top Go down

Post  CapnWillow Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:57 am

“Mmm, you were cetainly right Galeo; the beer here is good. Very mellow” Willow said after tasting his first of the amber liquid the barman served in huge wooden tankards.

“I still don’t see why I had to buy you a drink too” grumbled the fishman good naturedly.

“To be fair mate you did offer to get this round, I heard you” chuckled Hark.

“You did, I heards it too” slurred the extremely drunk fellow next to Hark who’d helped himself to what looked like to be his 20th pint of the night on Galeo’s expense.

“I don’t even know you!”

“And yet I feeeeel like I know you guuysh” hiccupped the drunk. “In fact...” -at this point he started weeping profoundly- “You’re my ‘nly friensh in the world! I love you guuuuuysshh waaahahahahhaaa”.

“Yes yes, there there matey, we love you too. How’s about we go put you in a nice quiet corner where you can really feel the love hmm?” Hark returned to the table, shaking his head and grinning, the drunk snoring on a chair in a corner.

“Bless him. He’s a well known character round here, we all look after him.”

“What’s his name?”

“No idea, he’s never told anyone. When he’s drunk he doesn’t remember and when he’s sober he doesn’t want to tell. We just call him Weepy. You can probably deduce why.”

Willow nodded sagely.

“I’ll give it some thought, it’ll probably come to me eventually.”

Hark laughed and Galeo rolled his eyes.

“So mates, what crew do you sail with? I’m sure I’m correct in my assumption that you’re pirates?”
Galeo nodded.

“Aye you are, we sail with Captain Pelew on the Scarlet Chance. Heard of it?” Hark thought for a minute, then snapped his fingers.

“You know, I think I have. This Captain of yours; always well groomed? Fancy clothes?”
Willow nodded, taking another sip from his tankard.

“Yup, that’s our Captain. A seriously good man, but he can’t half be a bit foppish at times.”
“Hahaha, that’s what I’d heard. Sounds like you’re in a good crew then eh?”

Galeo and Willow grinned at eachother. Willow raised his tankard for another sip only to discover it was empty.

“I’ve got next lads” he said, rising and heading towards the bar. Threading his way through the crowded room, Willow spotted a gap in the crowd. They seemed to be keeping their distance from a fairly ominous looking figure swathed in a black hooded cloak. The barkeep didn’t seem particularly worried, though Willow thought it would take rather a lot to worry him. Running a bar in this place for a few years was proof enough that he was not to be taken lightly. Even so, the customers were maintaining a catious distance from the newcomer. Willow wondered if he and Galeo would have been subject to the same treatment if they had not fallen in with Hark, a regular here and therefore trustworthy. Willow could see nothing of the person’s face, but judged from their build that they were a fairly skinny male, just shorter than Willow himself. Of his age, Willow could make no guess without seeing his face, but he didn’t seem old. In any case, Willow decided that as long as he didn’t bother him, there’d be no trouble.

Walking up and standing next to the cloaked figure, Willow orderded 3 new beers for himself and his companions. He debated striking up a conversation, but decided that if this chap had come alone, alone was probably how he’d prefer to stay. The barman returned with 3 fresh flagons. Willow took them and was turning round to take them back to his table when his foot caught on the stragers cloak, sending Willow and all 3 beers ploughing straight into the cloaked figure.

[WC this post: 634] [My total WC: 2299] [Total Collab WC: 4478]
CapnWillow
CapnWillow

Back to top Go down

Post  Leviathan Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:13 pm

As the general bustle of the tavern faded into the background and became nothing more than distant white noise, Morrigan sipped his second whiskey shot, pondering his last few weeks. What Yonyon had told him was completely correct. He was very, very lucky he had managed to not only get away from Minloa, but also steal a worthy Marine vessel that doubled as an adequate trophy in light of the hell he had gone through to end up where he currently was.

With a sigh, he tipped the rest of the shot back, enjoying the simple pleasures of casual drinking as he had been unable to do so for what he decided was far, far too long. As he moved his wrist in circles, watching as the dregs of his shot splash about the bottom of his shot glass, his thoughts turned to the comatose Marine brat that currently occupied his ships sickbay.

He had little trouble admitting to himself that his need for a navigator wasn't the only reason he had captured the teenager. No, what interested him most of all was the brat's left eye and its unusual, yet unclear abilities. Had he not been so interesting, he would have ended up like the rest of them; cut up and torn down. He gently placed the small glass upon the battered counter, shivering at the memory of cold, fumbling fingers scraping the inside of his skull. Some things were better off forgotten; some things more than others. If anybody knew that, it was Morrigan. And yet, he couldn't help but be fascinated with the strange and unusual; Yonyon, Marko, and now his navigator, whoever he was. All three had all captured his attention quite violently, and he smiled as he slid his final shot towards himself with his index finger, then dunked his lollipop into the whiskey.

''Curiosity killed the cat...'' he muttered to himself, watching as the alcohol slowly ate its way into the surface of his lollipop. He was just about to finish eating the sweet and then down his drink when he felt something yank his cloak hard enough to pull his hood down, and a strange, nasty feeling of cold washed over his back as he realised he had been soaked by not one pint, but three.

It was a sharp snap back to reality as the beer soaked through his cloak and ran into the concealed wounds that ran from his shoulders to the small of his back, yet that was nothing to the feeling of having somebody barge into to the back of him. He hissed loudly between his teeth, threw the offending pirate off of him with a violent roll of the shoulders, then span on his stool, black smoke rising from the corners of his mouth, his shot and lollipop long forgotten.

Black instantly turned to pale grey as Morrigan locked eyes with the one who had introduced himself as Willow. Two old burly pirates that were sat either side of Morrigan chuckled into their drinks, interested in watching what would surely appear to be two children scrapping to them.

''And here I thought good beer was for drinking! Perhaps your Captain ought to teach you about taverns and alcohol, Willow of The Scarlet Chance.'' Morrigan sang, exhaling a pearly-white smoke-ring into the young pirate's face. ''It may save your life one day.''

With an eerie grin, he took the corner of his now soaked cloak and yanked it in Willow's direction, sending a spray of beer at him. ''Since you apparently like sharing, it would be rude of me not to return the favour.''

[WC this post: 605] [My total WC: 2784 ] [Total Collab WC: 5083]
Leviathan
Leviathan
The Adminismoker
The Adminismoker

Back to top Go down

Post  CapnWillow Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:03 am

Willow was at first aghast at his clumsiness, and was intending to apologise unconditionally to the stranger he’d soaked. After all it was his fault, but as the stranger named him and his ship he felt slight stirrings of irritation as he realised his companion’s conversation had been overheard. This irritation was worsened to anger as the man blew a smoke ring directly into his face, making Willow cough. The onlookers chuckled louder than ever as Willow wafted the air in front of his face to prevent his eyes from streaming. The insinuation that he still had much to learn stung particularly keenly after Willow’s recent and hard-earned promotion. To top off the insults, the stranger flicked beer straight into Willows face in retaliation. The bile was high in Willows throat as he wiped beer from his face and straightened to look at the stranger.

“And here I thought that smoking was a disgusting habit. Turns out I’m right; you stink. In fact you can thank me, I’ll wager you smell better dripping with good beer than you do usually, you walking ashtray.”

Back at the table Hark eyed the young pirate with concern.

“I wish he hadn’t said that. Starting a fight here isn’t going to be a particularly wise idea, and that guy gives me the creeps.”

Galeo nodded.

“Aye. I reckon young Willow’s bitten off more than he can chew. Did you notice the odd thing about the smoke?”

Hark look quizzically at the fishman.

“Looked like normal smoke to me mate." Galeo leaned forward, his chair creaking a little under his weight.

“Aye, it did to me too, 'cept for the fact that it changed colour. It was black at first.”

Hark eyed the cloaked figure standing nose to nose with his new friend.

“I doubt it mate, could have been a trick of the light.”

Galeo narrowed his eyes, still staring at the cloaked man.

“I suppose it could have been. But what concerns me more is the fact that although he’s blowing smoke, he’s not holding a cigarette.”

Hark’s eyes widened, and he stared at Galeo in shock.

“You don’t think...”

Galeo nodded slowly.

“Devil Fruit. Willow’s gonna be in big trouble if this guy decides to take this quarrel further than a simple trading of insults...”

[WC this post: 383] [My total WC: 2682] [Total Collab WC: 5466]
CapnWillow
CapnWillow

Back to top Go down

Post  Leviathan Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:40 am

Morrigan's grin widened with every word Willow spat, until he couldn't contain himself any longer and burst out laughing, the sound loud and harsh as almost the whole tavern quietened down to watch the conflict brewing. He wiggled his finger warningly, then slowly pointed to several pirates sat around the room with his index finger, all who happened to be smoking either cigarettes or cigars and glaring at Willow.

''You just insulted... pretty much the whole fucking room. Bad decision on your part, friend. Very bad decision.'' He said mockingly, his eyes slitted. He stuck his tongue out between his teeth and held his breath.

As if on cue, a barstool came flying out of nowhere, there was a shout of ''bar fight!'', and just like that, the room erupted into chaos as pirates both drunk and sober scrambled to defend themselves and their crew, and do as much damage to the others as possible.

''See what you've done now! How fucking stupid are you!?'' Morrigan shouted gleefully as he ducked to avoid a flying flagon. He snatched his one remaining whiskey shot, then threw it in Willow's face before discarding the glass behind him and tackling the man to the floor. There was an inhuman roar from somewhere behind him, and as he looked over his shoulder, he saw a table, one that had been bolted to the tavern floor not minutes earlier, go flying straight over him.

''What the fuck-''

[WC this post: 242] [My total WC: 3026] [Total Collab WC: 5708]
Leviathan
Leviathan
The Adminismoker
The Adminismoker

Back to top Go down

Post  CapnWillow Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:36 am

Willow was born to the floor with a crash, the man’s laughter still echoing in his ears and the chaos of the bar fight erupted around them. The whiskey stung his eyes and the stink of smoke- did not fill his nose. As Willow struggled with his attacker, his subconscious mind was turning over the strangeness of a man who blew smoke rings yet did not smell of tobacco. Unable to break free of the stranger’s grasp, Willow grabbed the man’s head by his ears and nutted him as hard as he could.

Across the room Galeo had started moving a split second before the shouts had rang out across the room. Pushing Hark’s chair out of the way with his foot, the huge fishman sprang to his feet, wrenching the table free of its bolts and sending it flying across the room directly at where Willow’s attacker’s head had been mere milliseconds before.

Hark was sent skidding across the room on his chair, coming to a stop only after crashing into a group of 5 rough looking pirates. Rolling to his feet before any of the pirates, Hark rubbed the back of his head with a mildly rueful expression.

“Sorry about that guys, my bad.”

The pirates leapt to their feet and surrounded Hark with particularly vicious expressions.

“Actually I would like to point out that it wasn’t in fact my faul-“

One of the pirates had whipped out a switchblade from his pocket, and threw a wild slash at Hark, who pulled his head back out of range with no real effort. Shaking his head sadly, Hark sighed.

“Guess you guy’s aren’t gonna let that go, are yah? Oh well. Bad call guys.”

[WC this post: 285] [My total WC: 2967] [Total Collab WC: 5993]
CapnWillow
CapnWillow

Back to top Go down

Post  Leviathan Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:01 am

Morrigan sighed with satisfaction as the table Galeo threw collided with the wall in front of him, showering both him and Willow in a hail of wooden shards. He lifted his head to grin at the man, and was instantly rewarded with an anticipated head-butt. It would have likely knocked the young Captain out, had he not been staring at the pirate when he started to move. Instead, Willow's head collided with a cloud of pearly smoke; Morrigan had utilised his Devil Fruit the moment before they made contact. Morrigan's intentions weren't completely defensive; the pirate was a show-off by nature, and loved freaking others out whenever and wherever possible. As his forehead reformed, he leered sinisterly, slapped Willow upside the head, then quickly got to his feet and turned away, discarding his cape in the process to reveal his back and his three katana.

The sight that met him was one of total chaos; around the room, broken bottles, table legs, knives and pistols were being brandished, and Morrigan was sure he would be able to hear the racket from all the way back down in the docks. He chuckled to himself, wondering if Yonyon could hear everything. No doubt the Okama would blame him for the conflict.

''Better get to your feet, fucker. Looks like your friend Galeo is pissed.'' Morrigan said, placing his right hand at the handle of his right katana. Not too far away, the Fishman positively loomed over the rest of the pirates in the room. It wasn't surprising that the pirates fighting around him were doing just that... fighting around him, as though terrified of the thought of coming into contact with him. Morrigan glanced down to Willow. ''Hey, I'd like to say I've seen bigger, but that's pretty damn impressive right there.'' He said, winking cheekily. ''You have good friends.''

[WC this post: 308] [My total WC: 3334] [Total Collab WC: 6301]
Leviathan
Leviathan
The Adminismoker
The Adminismoker

Back to top Go down

Post  CapnWillow Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:17 am

Willow threw himself into the headbutt, and was understandably surprised when it passed right through the man’s head. The sight of a sneering face disappearing into smoke and the sensation of passing through what up till then had been a head were both extremely disconcerting sensations. The slap that followed after the man’s head had reformed in front of Willow’s eyes did nothing to help the confusion either.

As the man remarked on Galeo’s size, Willow pulled himself to his feet. The revealed 3 swords at the man’s side were yet another sign that Willow had made a serious mistake in provoking this man. Willow grinned.

“Yup, Galeo’s a tough one. Loyal as hell too. Judging from the strength of that slap you gave me he could snap you with one hand... if you weren’t made out of smoke I mean. To be honest, I’m fairly certain he’s fought Fruit users before, and as you can see-“ screams sounded from the other side of the bar “-he’s still in one piece. But he doesn’t need to bother with you.” Willow pointed a finger straight at the sneer. “You’re mine.... whoever the hell you are.”

Willow thought for a second.

“...Once I figure out how to hurt you anyway.”

[WC this post: 208] [My total WC: 3175] [Total Collab WC: 6509]
CapnWillow
CapnWillow

Back to top Go down

Post  Leviathan Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:31 am

''Possessive, aren't you?'' Morrigan smirked, unsheathing his right sword an inch with the tip of his thumb. ''It's quite flattering, who would have thought a lowly pirate subordinate such as yourself would pay attention to little old me? Why, you're going to make me blush!''

He blew out a dramatic gust of smoke before him, and raised an eyebrow at Willow. ''Captain Morrigan Rassallion of the Alpha Morina, at your service. I would usually offer a handsome man such as yourself a little fun before I cut the fucker in half, but what can I say? Your confidence amuses me to no end. Care for a dance?''

Dodging another thrown bottle, Morrigan flashed Willow another grin, then removed his hand from the handle of his katana, sheathing it. He crackled his knuckles, kicked a broken flagon out of the way, then stuck his middle finger up at the pirate. ''Hit me if you can, cabin-boy.''

[WC this post: 155] [My total WC: 3489] [Total Collab WC: 6664]
Leviathan
Leviathan
The Adminismoker
The Adminismoker

Back to top Go down

Post  CapnWillow Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:11 am

Galeo roared again, sweeping his massive arm into the face of another assailant, knocking the man and 2 people standing behind him into unconscious oblivion. Hark ducked and wove through his opponents, barely seeming to move at all but never being where the other men wanted him to be. Hark disposed of his foes with a few precision strikes to a solar plexuses, windpipes and one crotch punch.

“You going to help your friend big man?” Hark asked in a lull in the combat.

As Galeo turned his head to look in Willow’s direction, a particularly unwise drunk smashed a chair on the fishman’s broad back. Galeo didn’t so much as flinch.

“I think he’s okay for now, but if that Morrigan fellow gets more serious I’ll step in. Now then” he said, turning and cracking his knuckles, “I believe you smashed a chair on my back. That was silly of you.”

As the unfortunate drunk’s face met Galeo’s fist, Willow cocked his head at Morrigan’s self introduction.

“Rassallion? As in, Demon Blade Rassallion? Sounds like you’re a pedigree son-of –bitch. So you’re taking over the family business eh? Original of you.”

Willow wafted his hand in front of his head to disperse the smoke Morrigan blew at him.
“Yes, yes I get it, you can blow smoke, congratu-fucking-lations. And yes, I am an underling. But I’d rather be an underling to a great man than some arrogant shithead borrowing his mother’s swords, name, reputation and probably her underwear for all I know. And I love that you’ve put your swords away to fight an unarmed man. Very big of you, truly you are an example to gentleman everywhere.”

Willow moved his legs apart and upped his arms into the position Galeo had taught him to use in bare-knuckle fighting.

You hit me if you can, Captain Lung-Cancer.”

[WC this post: 308] [My total WC: 3483] [Total Collab WC: 6972]
CapnWillow
CapnWillow

Back to top Go down

Post  Leviathan Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:19 am

''...but I'm not wearing any underwear!'' Morrigan explained in a mock show of hurt. ''Besides, I wouldn't use a sledgehammer to smash a speck, so my fists are plenty good enough for you. My mother taught me manners, see. Aren't you lucky?''

''As for cancer... I don't think I can get lung cancer from this smoke... you on the other hand...'' He said, blowing another large cloud of smoke at Willow, the grin never fading from his face. ''You seem to enjoy it, so I see no reason to stop.''

As the fighting around them grew more intense, signalled by the bar keeper being smashed clean through a nearby table by one of the larger patrons, Morrigan put his hands into his pockets and began to circle the man opposite him.

[WC this post: 131] [My total WC: 3620] [Total Collab WC: 7103]
Leviathan
Leviathan
The Adminismoker
The Adminismoker

Back to top Go down

Post  CapnWillow Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:53 am

Willow wafted his hand in front of his face yet again to clear the smoke from his vision, eyeing Morrigan as he circled him.

Across the room, the men attacking Hark had pulled knives and were slashing wildly at him, desperately trying to land a single hit on their agile tormentor.

“Now now guys, don’t bring the knives out, that’s just not nice-“ one of the men made a particularly enthusiastic swing and nearly cut the bandana on Harks head. Hark’s reaction was instant. All the fun left his eyes, and his hands balled into fists at his sides.

“That” he said grimly “was a serious mistake.”

“What you gonna do you asshole?” sneered the man who’d come close to cutting him.

Without his eyes ever leaving the other man’s face, Hark began throwing and catching a wickedly sharp looking knife that had suddenly appeared as if from nowhere from one hand to another. Then, his arms moving in twin blurs, Hark slashed across the man’s chest. Many, many cuts appeared in the man’s shirt, but no blood leaked out. The onlookers stared in astonishment at the incredible display of knife-play. The man Hark was slashing was stunned, not daring to move.
Hark leaned forward and touched the knife to the man’s cheek, pushing almost hard enough to break the skin.

“Call that a warning. Get the fuck out of my bar. And make your absence permanent.”

The man, after patting his stomach dazedly a few times to make sure he wasn’t really cut, left in a hurry.

Galeo, who’d seen the event, made his way through the melee to Hark.

“Nice knife work.”

Hark grinned.

“Can you throw those as well as I think you can?”

Hark’s grin widened.

“Though so. Mind planting one in the bugger circling Willow’s face?”

“Woah mate, I’m not gonna kill a guy over a scuffle in a bar.”

Galeo chuckled.

“That guy’s a Logia user mate, it’s not gonna kill him. It’ll just go right through him.”

Hark thought for a second, then nodded. Flipping the knife up in the air, Hark caught it in two fingers then launched it towards Morrigan in one smooth movement.

At the same time, Willow, who’d tired of watching Morrigan circle him, twisted his body and threw a punch straight at Morrigan’s face. Willow felt the woosh of the knife as it span past his ear, heading straight at Morrigan.

[WC this post: 403] [My total WC: 3886] [Total Collab WC: 7506]
CapnWillow
CapnWillow

Back to top Go down

Post  Leviathan Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:18 pm

Glass crunched loudly under Morrigan's heavy boots with every step he took. He could hear the blood pounding in his ears, adrenaline flooding his senses and making them hyper-acute as he circled Willow. Regardless of his confidence, he was no fool, and he knew the man's words were true. If Galeo got involved, their scrap would turn into something much more deadly. Morrigan grinned to himself; even if it was an incredibility bad idea to provoke the Fishman, the nagging temptation to do so was still there, under his skin. Like resisting the urge to touch something you had been told was hot, just to see if it really was. Morrigan clicked his tongue loudly, cursing his poor willpower. He didn't have time to curse it for long.

Out of the corner of his eye, he watched as Hark raised his hand and threw something towards him. Said something whizzed towards him at an alarming speed and with deadly accuracy. He reacted almost automatically by turning the left half of his head into smoke and watched with his right eye as the object, now revealed to be a particularly sharp knife, shot straight through him. It embedded itself in the wall behind him with an audible twang of vibrating steel, and Morrigan felt something akin to irritation as he reformed. It was clear to all that this was a one on one fight, and now one of Willow's allies was attempting to join in and give him the upper hand?

Irritation instantly turned to anger as Willow's fist connected with the side of his face, jarring his head to the left comically. It wasn't a particularly powerful hit, yet it was enough to bruise the young Captain's pride as the inside of his cheek collided with his teeth and drew blood. He turned his head back forwards slowly teeth bared and slightly reddened from the attack. ''I intended for this to be a fair fist-fight, hell, I wasn't even going to use my fruit. You dare lecture me upon the mechanics of honour in a fight, then allow your friends to jump in and interrupt to give you the upper hand? With knives? Hah! I suppose I should teach you a lesson then, whether your Fishman friend jumps in or not, you cowardly fuck!''

Morrigan took a step back, removed his hands from his pockets and put them upon the handles of his swords, his expression suddenly serious. ''I did give you a chance. I hope your Captain... Pelew was it? Doesn't take too badly to me putting you in your fucking place. Maybe if I send you back in a nicely wrapped box he'll forgive me?''

He breathed heavily through his nostrils, reset his stance, closed his eyes, and drew Cypher and Leviathan from their sheaths. ''Killing fi-''

CRASH. The whole building seemed to shake as the wall directly behind Morrigan buckled in on itself as though hit from the other side. The whole room was blasted with debris, and every pirate stopped and shielded their eyes until the dust finally settled to reveal... nothing. Morrigan squinted through the brick-dust that hadn't settled properly, Willow forgotten for the moment. Whatever had collapsed that wall, it was big... and it had interrupted his attack. Morrigan spat to the side, his saliva stained crimson. ''Who the fuck is stupid enough to destroy a fucking wall in the middle of a bar-fight!? Seriously, am I surrounded by morons!? Do I have to kill every single fucking one of you!?''

For a moment or two, there was nothing but silence, which was broken occasionally by pieces of shattered plaster dropping from the damaged wall to the floor. Then, as the final bits of dust began to settle, a deep, ominous chuckle broke the stillness, followed by a terrifyingly familiar rough voice that sounded as though its owner ate glass.

''You can try... Morrigan Rassallion.''

[WC this post: 651] [My total WC: 4271] [Total Collab WC: 8157]
Leviathan
Leviathan
The Adminismoker
The Adminismoker

Back to top Go down

Post  CapnWillow Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:04 am

Cold shock coursed through Willow’s mind as the knife flew past him. Was whoever threw that trying to kill Morrigan?! Who throws a knife at a fist-fight?

Watching as Morrigan’s head turned to smoke and the knife flew through it, Willow was rather relieved to see that it hadn’t hurt him. He then remembered he was in the middle of throwing a punch as his fist collided with Morrigan’s head, jarring it hard.

Willow straightened in shock at what had just happened, and felt hot anger well up at Morrigan’s words. Hark had thrown that knife? Turning as Morrigan spoke, he saw Hark and Galeo standing by each other, observing his fight. Willow’s eye’s hardened as he realised that Morrigan indeed spoke the truth, Hark had thrown the knife, and Galeo hadn’t stopped him. What the hell were they thinking?! Morrigan’s condemnations rang in his ears and, his cheeks burning with shame, Willow lowered his head.

“Willow doesn’t look pleased mate. You sure that was the right thing to do?” Hark asked Galeo.
Galeo crossed his arms and frowned.

“I had assumed that Morrigan would come after us, being the ones who threw the knife. Looks like I’ll have to go to him. Willow stands no chance against him.”

Galeo then began shouldering his way through the crowd, followed quickly by Hark, picking his pace up at the sight of Morrigan unsheathing his swords, trying to reach the combatants before serious harm was done to Willow. Just before he reached the pair, the wall they were standing next to was blasted by a huge impact from outside. Galeo and Hark shielded their eyes from the dust, and along with the rest of the people in the room tried to peer through the murk. Galeo’s eyes narrowed.

“Hark.”

“Wh-what?”

“Get Willow, and get out.”

“Why-“

“Right. Now. Whatever knocked that wall down smells of blood and anger. And it smells very, very strong.” So saying, Galeo moved forward surprisingly quietly for a person of his size, and without flinching chopped Willow on the back of the neck. Willow began collapsing to the ground, but Galeo grabbed the back of his neck and lightly tossed him back towards Hark. Stepping forward to stand next to Morrigan, he started at the harsh voice sounding from outside. Moving into his defensive stance, he muttered to Morrigan;

“Sorry about the knife thing. My idea. This thing a friend of yours?”

[WC this post: 405] [My total WC: 4291] [Total Collab WC: 8562]
CapnWillow
CapnWillow

Back to top Go down

Post  Leviathan Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:49 am

For the longest moment, Morrigan just stared ahead at the massive hole in the wall, his eyes and mouth wide open. He didn't even notice as the huge figure of Galeo the Fishman came to a halt next to him and knocked Willow clean out. His throat and lungs burned in his chest; he had been holding his breath without realising it. Releasing it violently, he felt his hands shake, the steel of the blades they held rattling loudly as he tightened his grip. As though doused in more beer, he became acutely aware of the healing wounds upon his back as he bit his lip and stared at the wreck of the wall, the blood draining rapidly from his face.

Completely ignoring Galeo's question, he swallowed roughly and took a step forwards, using his blades to keep himself from stumbling. He managed a single step before he was yanked clean off his feet, his breath caught in his throat as he struggled to breath, an invisible hand crushing his windpipe.

''Oh how I missed you, you little fuck.''

Suddenly, the room became alive with the sounds of footsteps, though it was impossible to see who was making them. Luckily, or perhaps not, the confused patrons didn't have long to wait before everything was literally revealed to them. Slowly, as though watching somebody being drenched in reverse, twenty Marines became visible.

''I bet you thought you were so clever, eh? Stealing my fucking flagship.'' As those words pierced the air, the hand wrapped around Morrigan's throat became visible, and suddenly, Morrigan found himself staring into the eyes of Jaxxon D. Marko. ''Well congratulations. You have my attention.''

Not being able to breathe, Morrigan sheathed his swords, planted a foot against Jaxxon's chest, and pushed off suddenly, watching as his leer vanished in surprise as his hand passed through the pirate's throat. Morrigan flipped backwards and landed gracefully next to Galeo, his eyes streaming. He was grinning none the less. His hands were still shaking badly, and his eyes were alight with a strange, manic light. Jaxxon spat to the side and flexed his shoulders, staring at him, his expression showing his barely surprised rage. So the little shit was scared? He balled his hand into a fist, cracking his thumb, his leer returning to him. ''I'm going to fucking enjoy this.''

[WC this post: 391] [My total WC: 4662] [Total Collab WC: 8953]
Leviathan
Leviathan
The Adminismoker
The Adminismoker

Back to top Go down

Post  CapnWillow Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:24 pm

Galeo narrowed his eyes as the Marine’s appeared through the dust. He wasn’t particularly worried about the 20 minions, but the huge man with what appeared to be a small cannon for a left arm was seriously intimidating. He could see Morrigan’s reaction to him too, and that was worrying. He was being serious intimidated. Well, Galeo thought to himself, the best thing to do at times like these is to snatch the initiative back.

While the man was still snarling at Morrigan, all his attention focused on his hated target, Galeo slowly inhaled and exhaled, controlling his breathing. As the tension built up in his body, the dark stripes on his arm that marked him as a tiger shark began to darker, until he was as boldly striped as his feline counterpart. With a sudden movement, the man grabbed Morrigan by the throat. Galeo was worried the young pirates neck was going to be snapped right in front of him, but Morrigan broke free quickly enough.

As the man was regaining his balance Galeo stepped forward sharply and punched the massive stranger with as much force as his considerable frame could muster.

Stepping back quickly, and shaking his hand to relieve the pain, Galeo muttered to Morrigan under his breath.

“Get your head on straight lad. There’s work to be done.”

Hark ran through the suddenly deserted streets, dragging Willow’s unconscious frame along with him.

“What the hell is happening to this town?” He grumbled to himself under his breath. The Marines hadn’t shown their faces in years, now they’re back and blowing up bars? Not a good sign.

Making his way through the twisting alleys and streets, Hark made his way towards his secret safe house. Reaching the back of a tall building near the docks, Hark set Willow down against the wall. Turning to a pile of wooden slats the sailors used for unloading and loading cargo, Hark pulled them aside to reveal a patch of wall that looked much the same as the rest of the building. Hark kicked the seemingly innocuous wall in a very specific place. A small panel shifted back on very well oiled hinges and slid aside. Hark turned back to his stunned companion and dragged him through the hole. He pulled Willow into a large gap between the false wall he’d had built a long time ago and the real wall of the building. It was very narrow, so Hark had to squeeze in first himself to get Willow in, then step over his body to close the panel behind him, not forgetting to drag the wood back in front of it. Turning back around, Hark eyed the ladder bolted to the side of the real wall.

“How on earth am I going to get him up there?” he mused to himself. At that point, Willow groaned and sat up, rubbing the back of his neck.

“What the hell happened to me?” he asked blearily.

“Galeo did mate. Now before I answer any other questions, you need to get up this ladder. Come on lad, up you go.”

Slowly, Willow stood and began following Hark up the ladder to the top of the building.

[WC this post: 534] [My total WC: 4825] [Total Collab WC: 9487]
CapnWillow
CapnWillow

Back to top Go down

Post  Leviathan Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:56 pm

As Galeo's fist connected with Jaxxon's jaw, his head was forced to the right a fraction from the impact, though his eyes remained locked onto Morrigan. Morrigan found himself in a dilemma; should he strike as Jaxxon was recovering from the blow, or should he stand and watch what was happening to learn more about his enemy? It wasn't every day you got to see a Fishman and a Marine Captain go all out in a bar brawl, after all, and the young Captain found himself pulled more towards the second option, not for the practicality of said option, but more for the entertainment value. Still shaking, he perched himself atop a barrel, choosing to sit upon the balls of his feet in a squat just in case he needed to launch himself away quickly. ''Nah, looks like you got this one, big guy. I'll just watch and see if that little shit's opinion of you was well placed, eh?''

Jaxxon's gaze slowly drifted away from his target, and settled upon the one who had hit him. He used his tongue to remove a loosened tooth and spat it to the side, where it landed in an empty glass that had somehow managed to avoid being broken. ''That all you got, catfish?'' He turned his head to the other side, exposing the left of his jaw. ''Come on, hit me again. Like you mean it, this time.''

Morrigan stifled a snort behind his hand, thoroughly amused. He still held his katanas at the ready.

''And you...'' Jaxxon said, eyeing Morrigan with a leer, ''you stay right where you are.''

''Wouldn't dream of moving.'' Morrigan replied, biting his knuckle. Around the room, the various Marines loaded their rifles and pistols, a suspiciously large quantity of them aimed at Galeo. Morrigan wondered how many of them realised that they were surrounded by pirates fresh from a bar fight, all of whom were armed with broken bottles and knives.

[WC this post: 326] [My total WC: 4988] [Total Collab WC: 9813]
Leviathan
Leviathan
The Adminismoker
The Adminismoker

Back to top Go down

Post  CapnWillow Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:22 pm

Galeo thought hard as he stared at the man he’d just punched. Morrigan taking a step back was probably a good thing on balance, as he’d be able to take care of any minions who tried to interrupt him, leaving Galeo free to concentrate.

He heard the man’s jibes and ignored them. After all, he’d just been angry at Willow for reacting to insults, it’d be rather hypocritical of him to react to some himself. Watching his opponent carefully, Galeo went through his possible attacks. Quite a few of the hypothetical scenarios he went through in his head ended in a rather painful counter. He’d have to be careful with this one.
Shifting to his left suddenly, Galeo pushed in hard with his left shoulder, hoping to knock the man’s shoulder side and open his defence. At the same time, he dropped his right arm and began threw it out in a straight punch, aiming right at the man’s gut, hoping to knock some wind out of him.

Reaching the top of the building, Hark turned and offered Willow a helping hand, pulling him to his feet on the roof of the building. Straightening, Willow turned and gazed back the direction they had came, where he could just see the roof of the bar.

“Uh oh” Hark muttered.

“What?” Willow asked, turning to see what his companion was staring at so intently.

Hark pointed at the ship closest to them in the dock. It wasn’t a particularly big one, but it was worrying all the same. The reason it was worrying was because it’s sail carried the Marine’s emblem. Granted, there was a large red stripe painted through it, signifying it was no longer a Marine ship, but that meant it was stolen. And a stolen Marine ship tends to attract unwanted attention, Hark thought to himself. Most likely this was the cause of today’s trouble.

“Hey, there are people on board” Willow remarked, squinting through the darkness. Hark looked closer, and saw that there were indeed people on board.

“Looks like a couple of Marines, and... what looks like a woman!” He said in surprise.

“A woman?” Willow asked.

“Aye, and a beauty at that! They’ve got her tied up. She’s most likely a member of whatever crew stole the ship. Well, that sucks for her. Marine’s don’t take kindly to people who steal from them.”

Willow stared at the ship for a few seconds, then turned to look at Hark.

“We’ve got to help her mate.”

[WC this post: 419] [My total WC: 5244] [Total Collab WC: 10232]
CapnWillow
CapnWillow

Back to top Go down

Post  Leviathan Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:14 am

Morrigan watched with an amused expression as the Marines around the room began to edge away from the two largest combatants. The pirates around the room glanced at one another; a silent agreement that regardless of what happened before and who belonged to which crew, those Marines were going to pay for interrupting them. Slowly, and more quietly than any pirate ever had the right to be, the pirates towards the back of the room drew their pistols and aimed them at the Marines closest to them.

The second Galeo barged into Jaxxon, several pistol shots were fired and a handful of Marines collapsed to the floor in a pool of blood. Morrigan removed a lollipop from his pocket and tapped his right canine with it; those that had just been shot were the lucky ones. Most of Marines dived behind various bits of broken furniture; no, the incredibly unlucky ones were the ones who span on the spot and attempted to return fire, only to find themselves facing a broken bottle or a gleaming switch-blade. Morrigan sighed contentedly as he ate his lollipop, unphased by the screams and gunshots. He watched as Galeo's punch hit home; Jaxxon recoiled slightly with a harsh breath expelled between his grinding teeth, before raising his cannon and punching the Fishman solidly in the ribs and firing at point-blank range.

Morrigan whistled to himself; even though Jaxxon didn't appear to be effected by the punch that had hit his stomach, he knew that it had done more than the Captain was letting on; Jaxxon's breathing came out in stuttered bursts through his nostrils, which only make Morrigan's smile widen. It appeared as though Galeo had succeeded in catching the man off-guard, at least to some extent. It was enough to satisfy Morrigan, who turned his attention from their fight momentarily to see a young Marine point a rifle in his direction.

The young Captain ducked to avoid the gunshot, almost falling off his barrel as it rocked dangerously on it's rim; Jaxxon roared and kicked one of the only tables left standing to the side. It collided with the Marine that had turned his gun on Morrigan, and instantly, Morrigan understood what was going on. Jaxxon hadn't come here to kill him for stealing his ship. No, he had come to capture him again, and he was willing to strike his own men down to stop them from killing his target.

''Well now...'' Morrigan whispered, flipping his katana into the air and catching them repeatedly, much as Hark had done earlier on. ''Doesn't this just change everything...''

His thoughts suddenly turned to Yonyon and his ship; Jaxxon wasn't stupid enough to come looking for him without knocking out his method of escape. He froze, catching his katana one last time, a horrible thought crossing his mind. If Jaxxon was here, fighting the Fishman, what had he done to Yonyon? Had he killed him, or simply captured him with the intention of making him suffer the same fate as himself? Suddenly, black smoke began to billow from between his lips. His teeth clamped down upon the lollipop, shattering it into sharp pieces. Spitting them to the floor, he got to his feet atop the barrel, closed his eyes as he held his blades out before him, and said ''Killing Field''.

Leaving Jaxxon to Galeo, or perhaps the other way around, he launched himself forwards towards a fallen table that he had seen at least three Marines hide behind. He came to an abrupt halt in front of front of it, then cleaved it horizontally in two with the blade he held in his right hand, 'Cypher'. If he had opened his eyes, he would have seen all three recoil in horror as the blade narrowly missed their throats. Breathing more black smoke in rage, he brought his left blade, 'Leviathan', around in a large crescent whilst simultaneously sheathing Cypher and drawing his third blade, 'Maelstrom'. Leviathan and Maelstrom slashed together, crossing each other at the middle, and three Marine heads rolled across the floor having being severed from the scissor-like strike. He opened his eyes, swore loudly, then kicked one at Jaxxon out of childish spite. ''Fucker, what did you do to Yonyon and my ship!?''

[WC this post: 711] [My total WC: 5699] [Total Collab WC: 10943]
Leviathan
Leviathan
The Adminismoker
The Adminismoker

Back to top Go down

Post  CapnWillow Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:58 am

Galeo’s breath whooshed out of him as the cannon smashed into his gut. The pain was considerable, but there was worse to come if this crazy bastard fired the cannon. Slapping his left arm diagonally down, Galeo managed to knock the cannon aside, just as it fired. The explosion scorched Galeo’s skin, and the noise was incredible. Trying not to think about what would have happened if he hadn’t managed to knock it away, Galeo pulled his right hand out from the man’s gut and grabbed onto the cannon-arm, about halfway along its length. He could feel the heat from its recent fire, but ignored it. His left hand was stinging from the slap it had administered to the cannon’s barrel. As he grabbed the cannon, he pulled on it and swept his left elbow up towards his assailants face, the power rippling through his midriff as he twisted through the strike.

“Help her? Are you mad? Why on earth would we help her?” Hark demanded. Willow was still staring at the captive, his expression unreadable. Turning to his friend, he replied;

“Because I want to. And she needs it. Why else would we do it?”

Hark stared at the boy for a second, then sighed. Straightening up, he tightened his bandana around his head.

“Fair enough. What do we do?”

Willow turned back and started examining the ship more closely, looking for inspiration for a plan. Turning to his friend, he grinned.

“There’s always the classic ‘You distract them, I’ll untie her and get the hell out’.”

“Yeah, but I never like being the distraction.”

“That’s a shame, you look like you’d be very good at it.”

“Flattery will get you nowhere lad” Hark chuckled. Turning back to the problem at hand, a rather amusing idea struck Hark.

“I think I have an idea...”

There was a Marine standing guard at the ship’s prow. Hark came running out from behind a nearby building, shouting and waving his hands.

“Marines! Hey, Marines!”

The guard stared at Hark as he leant on his knees, feigning exhaustion.

“What’s the matter with you then?” The Marine asked.

“You’ve got to-, you’ve got to come help! It’s insane! This huge bastard with a fucking cannon for an arm just started tearing up the town! You’ve got to stop him, quick!”

The Marine stared, then started laughing. Hark looked up in apparent confusion.

“What’s so funny?”

“That huge bastard with a fucking cannon for an arm is our commanding officer you idiot. You’ll get no help from us.”

Hark gaped at the Marine in rather convincing surprise.

“You work for that madman?! He’s a Marine?!”

The Marine nodded, grinning. His fellow Marines had noticed the conversation, and were gathering around him.

Hark glared at them, and shook his fist.

“You call that protecting the innocent? He destroyed half a building! What if there had been children in there?”

The Marine shrugged, looking unconcerned.

“Collateral damage. It happens.”

“That’s your response?! Collateral damage. Collateral damage! Tell me, have you ever actually seen collateral damage? Up close?”

The Marines were starting to look rather grim.

“Yes. We have.”

Hark set his hands on his hips.

“Well, working for that bastard I imagine you have. Tell me, did you like it?”

They shook their heads.

“Did you think it was necessary? Could it have been avoided?”

They shook their heads again, beginning to look rather uncomfortable. Hark scowled and spat on the ground.

“Then you’re cowards. The lot of you.”

The Marines muttered angrily.

“Disagree? Come prove your points you sons of bitches. “

The Marines shared a few angry glances, and began making their way to the gangplank that connected the ship to the port. Hark walked alongside the ship with them, still yelling insults.

“Tell me, this huge motherfucker back in town; as commander, does he get special privileges? Do you squeal for him? Does he put you in frilly skirts and make you scream for him? You look like squealers to me. The whole damn lot of you.”

At that point, the Marines broke into a run. Hark stifled a grin, and turned and ran back the way he’d come, leading the furious Marines away from the ship.

After the last Marine had thundered down the gangplank and away, Willow stuck his head over the other side of the ship. He’d made his way through the water at Hark suggestions, and had climbed up the side of the ship during Hark’s distraction. The Marine’s hadn’t been entirely stupid, they’d left 2 men behind to guard the prisoner. They had been stupid enough to stand next to each-other however. Willow grinned.

One of the guards turned to the other.

“That guy’s gonna get the shit beaten out of him. Cheeky motherfucker.”

His companion nodded. As he did so, a lasso of rope dropped over both their heads. It tightened, pinning them both together with their arms at their sides. Surprised and angry, the Marines twisted round together to see what was going on. The sight of Willow smiling and knocking the wooden wedges away from the wheels of a cannon met their eyes. The cannon rolled slowly forward and dropped off the side of the ship. They then noticed the rope that had been attached to it disappearing after it. At this point, they were yanked off their feet and dragged off the side of the ship. The last thing they saw before they hit the water was Willow’s smiling face and had waving after them.

Chuckling to himself, Willow turned around and headed for the captive. Bending to start cutting the ropes, Willow smiled at the woman.

“You alright?”

[WC this post: 946] [My total WC: 6190] [Total Collab WC: 11889]
CapnWillow
CapnWillow

Back to top Go down

Post  Leviathan Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:14 pm

Jaxxon roared in frustration as the cannonball missed its intended target; instead of hitting the fishman who was so insistent upon fighting him, it soared away from him and put a sizeable hole into the wall opposite, showering those closest in a hail of wooden splinters. The air stank of the metallic tang of scorched gunpowder which only seemed to drive the Marine Captain into a fearsome frenzy; the man was so used to barking commands and his subordinates obeying without question that the mere idea of anybody disobeying or resisting him, be they human or Fishman, was enough to make his remaining knuckle shake with fury. He found himself yanked forwards, which was an impressive feat by itself considering not many would dare to engage him in close combat, much less be able to pull him forwards. He deflected Galeo's elbow strike with a well timed punch; knuckle connected with Olecranon, there was an audible crack of bone on bone, and Jaxxon ground his teeth and pushed forwards suddenly, aiming to head-butt the fishman in the face. The head Morrigan kicked rebounded from his ribs, but otherwise went ignored, like the young Captain's questions.

Morrigan didn't have time to stand insulting the giant or press with further questions; no sooner had his foot connected with the side of the severed head, three more Marines decided it would be a fantastic idea to dive on his back and pin him to the glass-littered floor. It would have been a good idea, perhaps it would have even worked, had Morrigan not heard the sudden pounding of running feet as they ran towards him and had his swords drawn. He span on the spot and met his enemies head-on, deflecting their inferior swords with the sides of his own much more superior blades, grinning like a madman as they were showered in golden-yellow sparks. He pushed forwards with all his strength, but the young Captain's physical strength was that of only one man, and a small, scrawny one at that. He couldn't push back all three; as skilled as he was with his swords, he would always favour speed over brute force, and so, with an eerie grin on his face that suggested he was rather enjoying himself, he suddenly dropped his resistance and all three Marines fell forwards into him, their blades skilfully diverted with the tips of his blades as they tripped towards him.

It gave him the opportunity he needed. He jumped straight into the air, clean over the three Marines who were clearly out of their depth, then landed gracefully on the heels of his feet as his enemies crashed face-first into the floor at their Captain's feet. Jaxxon glared down at them, and instantly, they rushed to get to their feet and put as much distance between them as possible, their faces shredded from smashed glass, unable to wince in pain lest their Captain see it as a sign of weakness. Weakness was not something that survived on the Alpha Morina.

[~]

Back on the Alpha Morina, Yonyon sat on his knees against the mainmast, his hands bound painfully tight behind his back. He clenched his teeth through the gag in his mouth, watching as the Marines on board leered at one another and made inappropriate comments. Apparently, despite the fear that Jaxxon instilled into his men, the moment the man in question wasn't there, the men relaxed slightly and even joked amongst themselves. Whilst the cat is away, the mice will play, Yonyon thought to himself bitterly, his eyes narrowing dangerously as one of the younger Marines approached him and jabbed him with the barrel of his gun.

''You know, to say you're pirate scum, you aren't half bad looking. You should reform your ways and become a Marine on board Captain Jaxxon's ship. The men would so appreciate having a woman on board... I'd be even willing to bet you'd learn to enjoy it... eventually.''

Yonyon rolled his eyes and scowled defiantly; even the Marine mistaking his gender wasn't enough to brighten his spirits. No, the Okama was thoroughly pissed off. They had managed to capture him so easily, whilst he was half-way done running a check on his patient below deck, and that made his blood boil. And now, this young Marine was having fun tormenting him, and there wasn't a thing he could do about it, regardless of how much the lecherous asshole deserved it. The Okama closed his eyes and took deep, controlled breaths through his nose to calm himself down. The Marine didn't like that one bit. Lunging forwards, he struck Yonyon up the side of the head with the butt of his rifle, his grin returning as the crack pierced the air loudly, a frown appearing upon his face as he realised that it did nothing to earn a reaction from his prisoner. Nothing, not even a wince. ''You shouldn't ignore people when they're talking to you, pirate. Especially since I was being so nice to you.'' Yonyon snorted through his gag and raised an eyebrow, a trickle of blood running its way down the side of his face. ''Aww, did I hurt you? Such a shame... But it's nothing compared to what Captain Jaxxon will do to you once he gets back, eh?''

Yonyon snorted again. The Marine tutted loudly and raised his rifle for another strike as the Okama closed his eyes and steeled himself for it. The blow never came. Suddenly, the deck became active with the sounds of Marines running, shouting and arguing, and before the Okama could figure out just what the hell was going on, the Marine that had been tormenting him so was yanked backwards clean overboard as one of the cannons hit the water with a splash. Dazed, he stared around the deck as a young man appeared from nowhere and released him from his bindings. He wasted no time ripping the sharp gag from his mouth, which had cut into the corners of his lips, and as he got to his feet and stretched to relieve the dull ache which had set itself into his muscles, he curtseyed and then pointed to his throat with his index finger and shook his head, communicating his unwillingness to speak and his thankfulness at the same time.

[WC this post: 1053] [My total WC: 6752] [Total Collab WC: 12942]
Leviathan
Leviathan
The Adminismoker
The Adminismoker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next